Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival Goes Mobile With Free App!
Download the free Pumpkin Festival mobile app developed by Half Moon Bay’s Phondini Partners which includes an iPad-specific version and a “Find Parking” feature!
The app is available for Apple and Android devices. The download link is provided below.
DOWNLOAD THE APP
On the app, you can win a $100 Safeway Gift Card by guessing the weight of the 2018 Champion Pumpkin at the Weigh-Off or enter to win another $100 Safeway Gift Card by finding where Gourdy the Festival Mascot is hiding in the app. This fantastic app provides everything including an interactive site map, information on special attractions, event and entertainment schedules, a Top Ten list, door-to-door directions, push messaging alerts, special deals, and local visitor information via linkage to Phondini's iCoastside app.
Some cool stuff about the Pumpkin Festival app:
- Two contests - guess the weight of the Giant Pumpkin winner, and find Gourdy the Festival Mascot hiding in the app.
- The app is self-contained and functions without a connection to 4G or Wi-Fi.
- The app has "push" messaging capability allowing both security and festival communications informing users of everything from "Lost Child" to "Traffic Accident" to "Stage Announcements" to special deals for Food, Beverages and Art.
- The app links to information about Coastside sights, restaurants and shops through the popular local app, iCoastside.
Awesome Pumpkin Festival app features include:
- Find (and Share) Parking Info with the Parking Pumpkin
- A searchable list of all artists complete with photos, website and social media links.
- Band bios complete with photos, website and social media links.
- Booth locators for artists and food/beverage vendors.
- An "interactive festival map" featuring all attractions and key locations.
- Door-to-door directions.
- A local visitors guide with shopping, restaurant and hotel information.
ABOUT PHONDINI PARTNERS
Phondini Partners builds innovative, high-quality mobile applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Amazon platforms, using local resources. Their products include the iCoastside Half Moon Bay guide, the FishLine Fresh Local Seafood Finder and FarmLine. For more information about Phondini Partners, visit http://phondini.com.
ABOUT THE HALF MOON BAY ART & PUMPKIN FESTIVAL
The Half Moon Bay Art & Pumpkin Festival runs October 13-14, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Main St. between Kelly Avenue and Spruce Streets in Half Moon Bay. Admission is free. The festival is presented by the non-profit Half Moon Bay Beautification Committee as a community benefit. More than thirty local non-profit organizations raise a half-million dollars every year through participation in the festival. For information, call 650-726-9652.